As a B2B marketing agency, All Around Creative has come across many companies who think that HubSpot is a tool with only one use. Some organizations believe HubSpot is only meant for sending emails or automating workflows for their sales team. Others only utilize the customer relationship manager (CRM) portion and miss out on the many other tools HubSpot can offer. This all-in-one tool can benefit companies in a plethora of different ways and make your life easier.
Companies are often surprised to learn that their HubSpot portal can perform tasks far beyond their current utilization. The intelligent platform offers things like detailed metrics and reporting plus time-saving automation through templates and workflows. All tools that can help grow your company and your team’s productivity.
HubSpot is an entire platform that makes it easy to deliver a relevant customer experience journey. Utilized to its full extent, it enables you to optimize your marketing efforts and build a cohesive strategy. Are you getting the most out of your HubSpot Portal?
What Is a HubSpot Portal Assessment?
During an assessment, your HubSpot portal is reviewed to answer some key questions:
- Are you generating enough traffic to your site, and which acquisition channels are or aren’t working well?
- Is your traffic converting from visitors into leads (new contacts) at an adequate rate?
- At what rate are your contacts converting into customers?
- Do you have the right tools and reports in place to answer these questions in the first place?
- Are you utilizing the best aspects of the software for you? Including paid and free features?
From those answers, you’ll get an overview of what’s working well and where you have opportunities to get more from your HubSpot investment. You’ll receive recommendations on ways to improve top-of-funnel tactics to drive traffic, tips to optimize your conversion points to drive contacts, and strategies to support bottom-of-funnel activities, including sales tools to close more customers.
When Is It Time for a HubSpot Assessment?
Sometimes, the issues aren’t obvious. If you aren’t getting the conversions and results you’d like to see, it might be time to take a look at your marketing automation portal and ensure you’re making full use of the tools at your disposal.
Here are 5 reasons why it might be time for an audit of your HubSpot portal:
- You need to prove value: If you’re responsible for your company’s marketing or lead generation strategy, then you need to prove the value of your efforts with tangible results. Or you may not be gaining insight into your marketing metrics at all, so you can’t make well-reasoned adjustments and optimize your efforts. An audit is one way to make sure you’re headed in the right direction with your tactics.
- You have plenty of digital content, but no distribution strategy: You might have the most comprehensive content pieces in your industry put together with beautiful visuals and insightful takeaways. But if you don’t have a strategy for regularly distributing it across multiple channels, then you’re missing a major opportunity to both capture and nurture leads.
- You’re reinventing the wheel every time you communicate with your contacts: There are definitely going to be times where it’s necessary to craft new emails for marketing promotion or sales outreach, such as a specific campaign. However, part of your lead nurture strategy should include templates that can be personalized depending on factors like lead lifecycle stage and persona. It saves you time and keeps your messaging clear.
- You don’t have a set process for moving leads through the sales funnel: If you have a process in place, your team should be using your marketing automation software to keep it flowing. Preferably, your sales and marketing teams will have collaborated on defining the process and include basic steps like making sure both teams are using the same definition for each lifecycle stage. It also means using your automation tools so you’re not manually reviewing every lead before passing to the sales team – or passing leads that are way too early in the buyer’s journey for sales outreach.
- Your company is only using a CRM or marketing automation software for one specific purpose: A big part of this project is becoming aware of the full scope of what your marketing automation software can do for you, including the tools you haven’t been using. You might be really comfortable using HubSpot to publish a weekly blog or to qualify leads through lead scoring, but it’ll make you more efficient to perform both (or more) tasks through a single platform. Now that’s something you should consider!
Get Your Portal to Work for You
We know this may all sound overwhelming, but starting with a simple analysis of your current initiatives is a good way to take the leap. That doesn’t mean you need to jump on every single tool and feature that your marketing automation platform or CRM offers. The goal is to build and execute a strategy that makes sense for your business and your target audience. Sometimes, that means cutting through the noise so you can focus on what really matters to you and your company’s goals.
If you’re struggling to get the most out of HubSpot, All Around Creative can assess your portal. We’ll assess your most critical metrics and your strategy for capturing and converting leads, and provide you with recommendations to move your marketing forward. As a HubSpot Partner with several years of experience using the platform, AAC can guide you through getting the most out of your portal.
Contact us today to get started with your own portal assessment.
For other reading on getting the most out of your HubSpot portal, check out some other AAC blog posts: