In our work as a B2B marketing agency, we’ve come across many companies who think that HubSpot is a one-use-only tool. Some believe the platform is meant just for sending emails. Others will say that it’s just a CRM (customer relationship manager). Still others will tell us that their business uses it to automate workflows for their salespeople.
Very often, companies are surprised to learn that their HubSpot portal (and similar marketing automation solutions) can perform tasks far beyond what they’re using it for. Some don’t realize that marketing automation platforms offer detailed metrics and reporting. Others aren’t taking advantage of time-saving automation through templates and workflows.
No matter which automation tool or CRM you’re using, you need to get the most out of it to optimize your marketing efforts and build a cohesive strategy.
What is a HubSpot Portal Audit?
During an audit, your HubSpot portal will be reviewed in order to answer some key questions:
- Are you generating enough traffic to your site, and which acquisition channels are or aren’t working well?
- Is your traffic converting from visitors into leads (new contacts) at a decent rate?
- Are your contacts converting into customers at a decent rate?
- Do you have the right tools and reports in place to answer these questions in the first place?
- Are you utilizing the best aspects of the software for you, including paid and free features
As the result of an audit, you’ll get an overview of what’s working well and where you have opportunities to get more from your HubSpot investment. You’ll receive recommendations on ways to improve top-of-funnel tactics to drive traffic, tips to optimize your conversion points to drive contacts, and strategies to support bottom-of-funnel activities, including sales tools, to close more customers.
When is it Time for an Audit?
Sometimes, the issues aren’t obvious. If you aren’t getting the conversions and results you’d like to see, it might be time to take a look at your marketing automation portal and ensure you’re making full use of the tools at your disposal.
Here are 5 reasons why it might be time for an audit of your HubSpot portal:
- You need to prove value: If you’re responsible for your company’s marketing or lead generation strategy, then you need to prove the value of your efforts with tangible results. Or you may not be gaining insight into your marketing metrics at all, so you can’t make well-reasoned adjustments and optimize your efforts. An audit is one way to make sure you’re headed in the right direction with your tactics.
- You have plenty of digital content, but no distribution strategy: You might have the most comprehensive content pieces in your industry, put together with beautiful visuals and insightful takeaways. But if you don’t have a strategy for regularly distributing it across multiple channels, then you’re missing a major opportunity to both capture and nurture leads.
- You’re reinventing the wheel every time you communicate with your contacts: There are definitely going to be times where it’s necessary to craft new emails for marketing promotion or sales outreach, such as a specific campaign. But part of your lead nurture strategy should include templates that can be personalized, depending on factors like lead lifecycle stage and persona. It saves you a lot of time and keeps your messaging clear.
- You don’t have a set process for moving leads through the sales funnel: And if you do have a process in place, your team should be using your marketing automation software to keep it flowing. Preferably, your sales and marketing teams will have collaborated on what this process looks like for your company. Defining it includes some basic steps, like making sure both teams are using the same definition for each lifecycle stage. It also means using your automation tools so you’re not manually reviewing every lead before passing to the sales team – or passing leads that are way too early in the buyer’s journey for sales outreach.
- Your company is only using a CRM or marketing automation software for one specific purpose: A big part of this project is just becoming aware of the full scope of what your marketing automation software can do for you, including the tools you haven’t been using. You might be really comfortable using HubSpot to publish a weekly blog, or to qualify leads through lead scoring. But if it’ll make you more efficient to perform both (or more) tasks through a single platform, that’s something you should consider.
Getting Your Portal to Work for You
We know this may all sound overwhelming, but starting with a simple audit of your current initiatives is a good way to take the leap. That doesn’t mean you need to jump on every single tool and feature that your marketing automation platform or CRM offers. The goal is to build and execute a strategy that makes sense for your business and your target audience. Sometimes that means cutting through the marketing fluff so you can focus on what really matters to you and your company’s goals.
If you’re struggling to get the most out of HubSpot, or any other marketing automation tool such as Pardot or Marketo, All Around Creative can help audit your portal. We’ll assess your most critical metrics and your strategy for capturing and converting leads, and provide you with recommendations to move your marketing forward.
Contact us today to get started with your own portal audit.